|I-phone photo by Michele|
I have the best Granddaughter in-law in the world, This girl can bake, cook, works a full time job, and then comes home and bakes cakes, decorate cakes, The full show. She commissions out her decorating skills to different clients around the Palm Springs area. Getting to the recipe and story. One of the other grandkids had a birthday party the other night, and of course Grandma and Grandpa were invited. And Sharla the baker came with this dessert for all of us. A "Fruit Pizza." Never heard of such a thing. Well anyway, it's great. (I must have lived a sheltered life)
- 1 each sugar cookie dough (Store bought, Pillsbury, the kind that is rolled up. It's not the pre-cut kind.)
- 2 each 8 oz cream cheese packages
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- fruit of your choice, (strawberries, kiwi, grapes, blackberries, raspberries etc...)
- 1 jar apricot preservatives
- 2 tbsp water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Take a half sheet jelly roll pan and grease or spray the inside of if you have a non-stick, use that. Take your cookie dough and press the dough out to fill the sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Spread the mix over the cooled cookie crust.
- Cut up the fruit and arrange like you see in the picture above.
- Mix the apricot preservatives with water and drizzle over the top of the pizza.
- Keep refrigerated, after chilling eat that puppy up!!!