|Photography by Michael Long|
PAT'S PASTA SALAD was created by Pat (my boss,manager,driver,wife). We had this SALAD at one of the local Restaurant's, Here in Palm Springs. This salad is way over the top for good! So anyway, we got some to take home and started DECONSTRUCTING that puppy. And we have come up with a wonderful SALAD...
So with that Here you go!!! Pat's pasta salad...
- 4 Cups Tri-Color Rotini or other colored Dry Pasta, uncooked
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise, I used Mirclewhip
- 1/4 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 2/3 Cup white sugar, (granulated)
- 1-3/4 Tabl Yellow mustard
- 1-1/2 teasp Salt
- 1/2 teasp ground black pepper
- 1 ea yellow bell pepper
- 1 ea orange bell pepper
- 1 ea red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 med diced onion
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. See package for times. (Or better yet, taste test)
- After pasta has cooked, Drain pasta into a colander and cool with tap water to rinse.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayo, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the balance of ingredients. Bell peppers, onion, & pasta.
- Stir to mix and make sure all the ingredients are well coated.
- Place bowl in frig and let the flavors marry together. Let set at least several hours. Or better let sent over night.
- Put your pasta salad in a fancy bowl. Get a big spoon and just go for it.
This serves about 12ish. The prep time depending on how good your are with a knife, and how much coffee you've had that day...
NOTE: You don't really need to use those bell peppers. Use different colors if you like, Hey do what ever you like... It's all in the taste buds.. Just make it pretty and above all make it taste good...