|Photography by Michael Long|
Thumbing through Alice Medrich's book, "Chewy, Gooey, Crispy Crunchy Cookies" on page 48, She wrote about these little guys. And after making them, These guys are good. I did change one thing, I went from Vanilla Extract to Vanilla Bean. But I have a big stock of Beans, so it was easy to do. Plus it makes the cookies look like there is pepper in them. ha! not really, but you do get a bunch of little specks in the cookies. A good sign of vanilla bean being used. This makes about 60-70 cookies.
- 6.75 oz AP Flour
- 4.5 Tbs Cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 6.125 oz Sugar
- .75 tps Salt
- 3 ea Vanilla beans,= (1tablespoon Extract)
- 6 oz Unsalted Butter (Melted and still warm)
- Preheat oven to 325F and position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Combine Flour and Cornstarch in a medium bowl and whisk to incorporate thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Eggs, Sugar, Salt and Vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture is thick and pale. (This will take about 2-3 minutes)
- Beat in the melted butter.
- Stop the mixer and fold in by hand the Flour mixture (One half at a time)
- Dough is going to look more line a batter than a dough.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter 2 inches apart on a lined cookie sheet. Bake until the cookies are deep golden brown around the edges. (About 16-20 minutes) Remember to rotate the pans front to back and up and down, for even baking.
These will keep in an air tight container for at least a week
1/70 serving or one cookie = 42.08 cal, Total Fat = 2.21g,Cholesterol=14.29mg,Total Carbs=5.05 Sodium=28.28,g, Protein=.57g